Wayland

Monday, January 9, 2012

Eldar List of the Walking Dead

My previous Eldar List is a fairly traditional one - it ticks all the boxes of multiple small units, lances, psychic powers, and different aspect warriors. This list is more of a themed list, that is, its based around my Wraithseer rules for which are in the (Apocalypse Second Edition).

Although the Wraithseer is genuinely powerful he does present a few challenges in a standard 40k army list. As well as taking up an HQ slot without actually qualifying as an HQ choice (meaning you have to take another HQ choice as well) you have to take at least one unit of Wraithguard as well. I guess the idea is he's like the shepherd for these borrowed souls. He does give them, and Wratihlords, some potentially great abilities, but the points cost means these guys are likely to be the centre of your army.

So, what did I come up with?

HQ
Wraithseer with D-Cannon
Farseer with Runes of Witnessing, Spirit Stones, Doom, and Guide.
3 Warlocks with 2 Singing Spears, and Enhance

Troops
6 Dire Avengers including Exarch with sword and pistol and Bladestorm
Wave Serpent with Missile Launchers and shuriken cannon

6 Dire Avengers including Exarch with power weapon and shimmershield
Wave Serpent with Missile Launchers and shuriken cannon

5 Rangers with Pathfinder

10 Wraithguard

Heavy Support

2 Fire Prisms, each with shuriken cannon

Wraithlord with Sword and Missile Launcher

In games of two objectives, I see the collected Wraiths being extremely hard to dislodge from my one. There's also a decent amount of ranged and mobile firepower to send after my opponents. In games of more than two objectives, the Wraiths and Rangers are there to hold those on my side of the board while I have the Serpents to clear and shock my opponent's. Six Dire Avengers with a Shimmershield, a Farseer and three Warlocks, Enhanced and Guided against a Doomed opponent is a pretty scary opponent to get assaulted by for most units in the game.

The only problem is I don't have any Wraithguard yet and they are very expensive new. Ebay may be my best friend on this one but frankly the appeal of all these spirit warriors probably means a little expense is going to be worth it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment